Sunday, February 23, 2014

How to stay Motivated when you’re Pregnant?

You see many women are motivated when they are not pregnant and when they know they must lose weight, but how about when you find out your pregnant.  I know that every time I found out I was pregnant it is as if the news alone made me lose 60% of energy.  SubhanAllaah, so if we lose energy just knowing then how can we push ourselves to exercise when all we want to do is either throw up the first 3 months or eat like there is no tomorrow?



After the 3 months are over all we do is like to eat…cravings begin for most pregnant women.  Then many of us give ourselves the excuse it is because we are pregnant.  It is ok to be lazy now and eat for we are pregnant.  Also because we are pregnant we think it is ok to exercise when the baby is out, for we are too tired.  However sister’s is it really ok?  As much as I want to say yes, the answer is NO.  I was one of these pregnant women in the past with my first pregnancy, and I gained 70 pounds while my daughter was born pre-mature and only 3.2 lbs at birth.  I learned my lesson very quick after that pregnancy, for it took me about 1 year to lose all of the weight.

 

The question is how do we not gain as much weight while we are pregnant?  The first thing we need to do is not feel sorry for ourselves and by the way Shaytann helps us with that.

 

We need to remember that Allaah (Subhana wa Tala) said:



“…Eat and drink, but waste not by excess, for Allah loves not wasters.”


 


(Al-Quran, 7:31)



 

So while we may want more food and while we want to be lazy we need to remember that is not the key to a successful pregnancy.  A successful pregnancy is eating enough, walking a lot and remembering Allaah (swt) often and knowing that you will be asked about all that you did even while you were pregnant.  If your hungry make sure that you have lots of fruits and vegetables with you always.  This will force you to eat the good food inshAllaah.  So here is a list of simple steps to be motivated while pregnant inshAllaah:

 

  1. Remember Allaah (Subhana wa Tala) always and ask Him for help when you feel that your getting weak or caving into your desires too much.

  2. Buy lots of fruits and vegetables.

  3. Drink lots of water.

  4. Walk 10 minutes for every hour your awake, inshAllaah

No comments:

Post a Comment